Tuesday, August 9, 2011

weekend recap

   I meant to post this yesterday but as you can see life got away from me. My older girls started back to school yesterday so it was a long, busy, tiring day.
  Brooke is now in 7th grade, I am not sure I am ready for her to be in junior high. Catie is now in 5th grade. They both said they had a good day which is a plus. Brooke is having to adjust to getting up at 6:30 AM & having to ride a bus.
  Now on to my weekend. Friday I turned 34. The girls decided to make & decorate cupcakes for me. They turned out wonderfully. I was proud of Brooke as it was the 1st time she baked anything on her own.
  We had Chinese for dinner which I love. Well the girls & I had it. I got something else for Joey since Chinese raises his blood sugar way to high. I also got a yellow birthday cake, though I don't think I took any pictures of it.
  We needed a new wireless router for the computers so Joey told me to go to best buy & get one. He also told me to get whatever I wanted for my birthday. He is the worst shopper & knows I know exactly what I want. This system has worked well for us for years. He does sometimes surprise me with things he thinks I'll like, which I also love.
  I had done some research & deep thinking about whether I really wanted a tablet computer or not. Joey was afraid I would end up not using it. I decided I wanted the Hp touch over the iPad since I wanted something that supported Flash.
  I got a 32g HP touch & case. I am really enjoying it. The typing is touchy now that we put a screen saver on it, but I am figuring that will work itself out. I still have not read the instructions manual, but I am loving it.
  Saturday Joey's cousin from New York came over. He was in the area for the week visiting my sister in law. I had never met him & he wanted to meet our girls. My sister in law brought him & his partner over. They were both very nice. Maddie decided she liked John's partner Dave right away. She held out her arms to go to him. It was sweet. She let Dave hold her too.
  The girls & I had plans so we did not get to visit long. They were having the closing party for the summer reading program at the library. Brooke had won 2 books in the weekly raffle. All 3 girls won at sometime during the summer. We also won a 4 pack of tickets to the zoo, we will just have to buy 1 ticket.
  I spent Sunday getting ready for the girls to go back to school the next day. I am trying to get back into the habit of going to be bed at 11 PM, so I can get the girls up.

2 comments:

  1. Great blog! We have four girls too - and two boys. Aren't they fun?? New Follower from the Totally Tuesday Blog Hop! Stop on by - www.blended.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy B-day. I 34 too, I think :) I can't remember anymore.
    I found your site on the Alexa Blog Hop. Stop by sometime.
    Brenda
    http://www.piggygiggles.com

    ReplyDelete